Internationally-recognized English Teaching Certificate
In response to the many requests we have received to provide candidates with an internationally-recognized English teaching certificate that will open doors for workers across the world, LCTI will be launching two new programs for TESOL beginning Summer, 2018. A 4-week intensive course is planned for the month of June, and semester programs are planned for both Fall and Spring semesters. During the regular school year, students have the option of completing the certificate in one semester or stretching it out over the year and study part-time.
The program provides instruction in proven principles of cross-cultural English language teaching (both EFL and ESL), up-to-date methods and practices for teaching both receptive skills (listening and reading) and productive skills (speaking and writing), cross-cultural class-room management and assessment principles and effective strategies for teaching grammar. All courses are overseen by a professional linguist with a terminal degree (PhD). Instructors in this program have a minimum of an accredited Masters Degree in TESOL or other branch of Applied Linguistics. Program components include:
- Principles for inter-cultural communication in teaching English
- How to develop effective lesson plans and curriculum for cross-cultural contexts
- How to integrate linguistic and biblical principles for effective English teaching
- Application of theoretical insights to all aspects of English teaching
- Effective teaching strategies: Receptive and productive language skills
- Effective methods of instruction, assessment and class management for real-life cross-cultural teaching
- Actual teaching practice in local ESL classes and ministry opportunities.
Highly Professional and Qualified Staff
Our TESOL program is led (and taught) by professionals who are highly qualified, and who have many years of experience training English learners and new teachers. Most staff have taught English both overseas and in the U.S. and bring a passion for using English as ministry to everything they do with our students both in and outside the classroom. Equipping you to impact our world for Christ is our calling and passion!
TESOL Program Faculty
Program Chair: Marc T. Canner (PhD, Linguistics, University of South Carolina)
Carol Anderson (MA TESOL – expected June, 2018, Eastern Washington University)
Charis Ketcham (BA TESOL, Moody Bible Institute-Spokane; MA TESOL -expected June, 2018, Eastern Washington University)
Program Schedule for 2018 – 2019:
I. *TESOL Certificate, 2018 – 2019
Summer Intensive: May 29 – June 22, 2018
Fall Semester: August 27 – December 7, 2018
Spring Semester: January 14 – May 3, 2019
* Program dates may change due to scheduling needs
Class Meeting Times: M-F between 7:45 am – 3:00 pm (includes a break for lunch)
Full Program Tuition: *$2550.00 (Spouses receive a 15% discount on tuition)
Partial Program Tuition: $220.00 per required credit (**for those with advanced standing)
* Tuition amount does not include housing or other costs of living. Please call for additional information
** Advanced standing relates to previously completed and equivalent TESOL coursework
Note: Previous coursework in TESOL may count toward the certificate.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION: (800) 799-7976